Archaeology of the Egyptian Western Desert: New Ideas and Concepts (Krakow, Poland, 2015) - Programme
2019-03-14T01:31:10Z (GMT) by
Presented paper: The funerary cartonnage from Kellis (Ismant el-Kharab - Dakhleh Oasis): a preliminary overview.
The village of ancient Kellis (modern Ismant el-Kharab - Dakhleh Oasis) hosts numerous tombs which yielded a large amount of funerary cartonnage, both intact and fragmentary. My sojourn at Ismant el-Kharab from December 2014 to February 2015 allowed me to begin the study of this material, which is the main subject of my PhD research project. This paper is intended to be a preliminary overview of the cartonnage and its principal decorative features.
- History and Archaeology not elsewhere classified
- Archaeology not elsewhere classified
- Archaeology of Europe, the Mediterranean and the Levant
- Humanities and Social Sciences Curriculum and Pedagogy (excl. Economics, Business and Management)
- Studies in Human Society not elsewhere classified
CC BY-NC-SA 4.0