Egypt & Austria XI: In Search of the Orient (Vienna, Austria, 2016) - Programme
The Egypt and Austria XI conference took place at the Kunsthistorisches Museum Wien (Vienna) from Tuesday 20th to Saturday 24th of September 2016. It was organized by the Egyptian and Near Eastern Collection of the KHM Wien and the Egypt and Austria Society. The conference board chose the following theme: In Search of the Orient.
The culture of Ancient Egypt has always held a great fascination for humankind. But for centuries after the fall of the Roman Empire, all knowledge of Egypt and the Ancient World had gradually become lost. In close association with Egypt and Austria XI, the aim was to rediscover the Ancient Orient and devote ourselves to once again understanding in our time the significance and importance of this ancient culture in the world of science and research as well as in art, music and philosophy.
- History and Archaeology not elsewhere classified
- Archaeology of Europe, the Mediterranean and the Levant
- Archaeology not elsewhere classified
- European History (excl. British, Classical Greek and Roman)
- Historical Studies not elsewhere classified
- Historical Archaeology (incl. Industrial Archaeology)
- Archival, Repository and Related Studies
- Gender studies