Ninth International Conference of the Dakhleh Oasis Project (Prato, Italy, 2018) - Programme
2019-05-15T05:12:37Z (GMT) by
A retrospective after 40 years dedicated to Anthony J. Mills
The Ninth International Conference of the Dakhleh Oasis Project marks the 40th year of investigations in the Dakhleh Oasis in Egypt’s Western Desert (1978 - 2018). In recognition of this occasion the conference provided a forum for project members and colleagues to synthesise long-term research findings, reflect on current understandings of the oasis, and explored future directions for studying the oasis and its surroundings.
The conference is dedicated to Anthony J. Mills, founder of the Dakhleh Oasis Project.
Presented paper: "Past, Present, and Future of the Kellis Cartonnage: aspects of cultural heritage protection and preservation".
The conference was supported by the School of Philosophical, Historical and International Studies, the Centre for Ancient Cultures, Monash University, and the Egyptology Society of Victoria.
The Conference venue was the Monash University Prato Centre.
I assisted with the preparation of the Conference, during the event, and I designed and edited the programme and book of abstracts.
- Historical Archaeology (incl. Industrial Archaeology)
- Archaeological Science
- History and Archaeology not elsewhere classified
- Archaeology not elsewhere classified
- Digital Humanities
- Cultural Studies not elsewhere classified
- Heritage and Cultural Conservation
- Humanities and Social Sciences Curriculum and Pedagogy (excl. Economics, Business and Management)
- Studies in Human Society not elsewhere classified
- Information and Computing Sciences not elsewhere classified
CC BY-NC-SA 4.0